02 January 2010

Twilight - Dame Cakes - Highlands - Tex Mex Night

Ok so technically I am back in the US now (currently in a hotel in Sparks, Nevada) but I will continue updating my blog to the end of the trip now that I have a laptop to do it. Never fear I didn't forget about my blog I just haven't had time to work on it. But now I do, sort of.


Okay on November 23 Anna Anniina, Tytti, Magda, Corey, Justin and I went to the new Twilight movie New Moon. We saw it in English (with French subtitles) and had a roaring good time making very inappropriate and ridiculous comments throughout the whole of the film (and much of the night following the film, in fact we still quote it quite often to each other). After the movie we went to Kebab at our favorite place Chez Wham! Walking to the bus I happened upon this treasure of an advertisement. It is half man half evil elf.



It is the up close that really scared me!



At the other bus stop we decided to take a photo with the random ruin in the middle of Rouen. To quote Laine "hey look it's old, let's take a photo with it!"


We are very silly!


On November 26th Laine, Magda, and I went to downtown Rouen to shop for christmas a bit and get some real coffee (80 cent Russian instant coffee was driving me crazy!). On our little walk we ran into this cute little tea house / bakery (It's Rick Steves recommended as I later found out)

the three of us split this epic brownie that I would have sold my mother for (sorry mom it's true)



We had a lovely afternoon all in all. I love my ladies!


***Instert Chateau de la Loire trip here***


On December 9th a large group of us decided to go downtown to Highlands an Irish pub in Rouen for a last night out before Finals and everyone started leaving.

Here are the girls in my wonderful group of friends - Note I am the ONLY brunette -

Me, Tytti, Laine, Anna, Magda, and Anniina (from left to right)


At one point we aquired Steve's sunglasses by way of Amine



This is Justin's most epic photobomb ever


Anna and Ciccio


Here is Ciccio on the bus trying to explain to me (in Spanish even though he is Italian) that he was not hitting on that French girl and that I am his one true love and that his heart is mine. It was cute because the girl had no idea who we were or what was going on, poor thing.


Dan and me on the bus
Anniina and Tytti




On December 10th before a Soiree put on by my school Anna organized a Tex Mex food night. I made quesadillas! Corey with a manly taco!
They were so mad I took photos while they were actually eating



ignore Tytti's crazy outfit the party theme that night was monsters and co. so vampires, zombies etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment